Ticket Prices & Reservations
Book Portsmouth Ferry Tickets with Brittany Ferries, Condor Ferries, P&O, Wightlink or LD Lines for ferries sailing from Portsmouth to Bilbao, Caen, Cherbourg, Fishbourne, Guernsey, Jersey, Le Havre, Ryde, Santander and St Malo online in advance to enjoy the cheapest available ferry ticket price.
The price you see is the price you pay. There are no hidden extras or surprises such as added fuel surcharges or booking fees and we do not charge you anything extra for paying with a Visa Electron card. The price we quote you for your selected Portsmouth passenger or car ferry ticket, onboard accommodation and vehicle type is all you will pay, and that's a promise.
To obtain a Portsmouth ferry ticket price and book your ferry ticket securely online please use the real time ferry booking form on the left. You are also able to add a hotel at your destination, or anywhere else, to your ferry ticket when completing your ferry ticket reservation.
More About Portsmouth
Portsmouth's new International Port offers ferry routes to France, Spain and the Channel Islands plus a Cruise Terminal.
The Port offers an excellent passenger experience with facilities within the terminal including a bright, pleasant café, comfortable seating in attractive, contemporary surroundings and shops perfect for last-minute purchases, travel essentials and a range of souvenirs.
Aside from its rich Naval Heritage, Portsmouth is also known for its literary history as the birthplace of Charles Dickens, the famous Victorian era novelist and the pioneering engineer Isambard Kingdom Brunel.
Other famous figures to have lived in Portsmouth are HG Wells, Arthur Conan Doyle and Rudyard Kipling. Musically, the city is well served by three musical venues The Wedgewood Rooms, Guildhall and Pyramids which regularly host major musical and comedy acts.
Portsmouth has a wealth of attractions with something for everyone. Visit the Historic Dockyard and experience 800 years of naval history, take a trip to the top of the Spinnaker Tower, find out more about the historic landings at the D-Day Museum, go back to Tudor times at Southsea Castle or uncover the history of the Royal Marines. Treat the children to a trip to the fair at Clarence Pier or go on a safari under the sea at Blue Reef Aquarium.
Portsmouth International Port is perfectly positioned for ferries, cruise and cargo. It is Britain’s best-connected ferry port with easy access and the most routes to France, Spain and the Channel Islands.
There are ferry services from Portsmouth to four ports in France as well as Bilbao in Spain.
Portsmouth to Saint-Malo
Brittany Ferries/up to 2 a day/9 h
Portsmouth to Cherbourg
Condor Ferries/1 Sunday service/5 h
Brittany Ferries/up to 2 a day/3 h (March to November only)
Portsmouth to Caen
Brittany Ferries/3 a day/5 h 45 min (Year-round service)
Brittany Ferries/1 a day/3h 30 min (Summer-only fast service on Fri/Sat/Sun)
Portsmouth to Le Havre
LD Lines/ 1 a day/8 h overnight
Portsmouth to Bilbao
P&O Ferries/2 a week/35
There are also services to the Channel Islands of Jersey and Guernsey.
Portsmouth to Guernsey
Condor Ferries/1 a day/6h 30min
Portsmouth to Jersey
Condor Ferries/1 a day/10h 30min
The Isle of Wight is a under 60 min by ferry or a few minutes by hovercraft.
Portsmouth to Fishbourne
Wightlink/half-hourly during day/35 min
Portsmouth to Ryde
Wightlink/half-hourly during day/15 min
The hovercraft is every 15 min from Southsea seafront, operated by Hovertravel.
The ferry to Gosport (for Submarine and Explosion museums) runs every 7 minutes at peak times and every 15 min at other times until midnight.
Place to See in Portsmouth
Portsmouth has pleanty of attractions for visitors to see and enjoy. The most popular of these attractions are:-
- Portsmouth Historic Dockyard, Located in the naval base, the Historic Dockyard has a number of historic ships including the Mary Rose, HMS Victory and HMS Warrior 1860. In the Historic Dockyard is also Royal Naval Museum and Action Stations - an interactive look at the navy of today. There is a great old pub outside of Dockyard called the Ship Anson, worth a try. Portsmouth Visitor Information Centre can be found adjacent to the visitor entrance of the Dockyard.
- The Spinnaker Tower, Gunwharf Quays, Telephone: +44 23 9285 7520. Open every day from 10AM-6PM (until 10PM on Saturdays and every day during Jul and Aug). This striking and highly-visible £21 million landmark tower rises some 170 m above the redeveloping harbour of Portsmouth, symbolising the wind filling a spinnaker sail. Visitors can use the tower to view from 3 levels: at 100 m, 105 m and 115 m. A high-speed internal lift takes you to the top. Admission adult £7.00, child £5.50, concessions £6.20.
- Southsea Castle. Built in 1544, the Castle was part of a series of fortifications constructed by Henry VIII around England's coasts to protect the country from invaders.
- Southsea Seafront - 4 miles of seafront promenade backed by gorgeous green spaces and gardens.
- Royal Marines Museum, Southsea, Tel: 023 9281 9385 (Fax: 023 9283 8420 E-mail: email@example.com). Open every day (except Dec. 23-25 and Boxing day) 10AM-5PM. Discover the exciting story of the Royal Marines brought to life with dramatic and interactive displays. The Museum is in what was one of the most stately Officers' Messes in England, built in the 1860s with beautiful ceilings, huge paintings and a grand staircase.
- Spitbank Fort in the SolentPortsmouth's Cathedrals Portsmouth is home to two cathedrals, St Thomas' in Old Portsmouth (Anglican) and St John's in the City Centre (Catholic).
- D-Day Museum. Open every day (except 24-26 Dec.) Apr-Oct 10AM-5.30PM; Nov-Mar 10AM-5PM. A fitting tribute to the sacrifice of the men & women who took part in the D-Day landings.
- Blue Reef Aquarium, Clarence Esplanade, Southsea, Tel 023 9287 5222. Open every day except Christmas 10AM-5PM (Nov-Feb until 4PM). Take an undersea safari at the aquarium on the seafront.
- Charles Dickens Birthplace Museum, 393 Old Commercial Road. Open every day from mid Apr-Dec 10AM-5:30PM. The famous writer Charles Dickens was born in this modest house in Portsmouth, England in 1812.
Cumberland House Natural History Museum
- City Museum & Records Office. Home of the new Arthur Conan Doyle and Sherlock Holmes exhibition "A Study in Sherlock".
- Spitbank Fort. Located in the middle of the Solent is this man-made fort, built to defend Portsmouth in the 1800's. Take a trip out for a party night or Sunday dinner.
- Royal Garrison Church, a roofless English Heritage property
Several bus companies operate within Portsmouth and the surrounding areas. A day travel ticket can be bought for £3.60 (£2.40 concessions). It is also possible to travel between the harbour and the city centre using the train. It is a compact, flat city however, and nowhere is a very long walk. At night, if you can find an elevated position you can navigate via the chain of blue lights along the sea-front, to the south.
Best Portsmouth Ferry Ticket Price Guarantee
Best Price Guarantee - We always offer you our lowest available Brittany Ferries, Condor, Wightlink or LD Lines passenger and car ferries ticket price to and from Portsmouth. There are no hidden extras or surprises such as added fuel surcharges or booking fees and we also we do not charge you anything extra for paying with a Visa Electron card. The price we quote for your selected Portsmouth ferry ticket, onboard accommodation and vehicle type is all you will pay, and that's a promise!
In the unlikely event you find the same all inclusive Portsmouth ferry ticket cheaper in the brochure of any other tour operator we promise that we will do our best to beat that price or offer you the choice of requesting a refund. To book Portsmouth car and passenger ferry tickets please click here.
Customer Care, Telesales & Contact Us
At ferryto.com you are able to obtain live Portsmouth ferry ticket prices, check availability and book car and passenger ferry tickets to and from Portsmouth at our lowest available ticket price.
Ferryto.com is part of the world's largest online ferry ticket distribution network providing the ability to book over 80 major European ferry operators including to Portsmouth and to over 1,200 other ferry routes throughout the UK, France, Spain, Ireland, Holland, Eastern Europe, the Mediterranean, the Baltic and North Africa.
For more information, answers to frequently asked questions or to contact us directly please click here.